Saturday, February 6, 2010

This week...

Each Saturday I am going to be making a blog entry reflecting on the good things that have happened this week. The entry will end with a list of things that I would like to work on in the week to come.

So, here we go...

The good:

*I did our taxes and we will be getting a decent refund this year that we will be able to use as a down payment on a "new" used vehicle. This is something we desperately need and I am hoping and praying we will be able to get something with 3 rows of seats. We just don't have enough room in a car anymore.

*My friend Jonna and I took a day trip to Myrtle Beach and went shopping at the outlets. I found some great deals and was able to buy the girls quite a few spring/summer outfits. We had a great day!

*I made some great progress in the parenting book I'm reading, "Taming the Spirited Child" by Michael Popkin. This book is very informative and has some great suggestions on understanding and disciplining a spirited child. Shaylie is very much of a spirited child and I am so hopeful the ideas presented in this book will strengthen her as a person and also our relationship with her.

*The girls painted homemade valentines for their grandparents today. They are adorable and the girls had a blast making them.

*I finished the first chapter in "The Power of Positive Mom" by Karen Ladd. this is a great Christian parenting devotional-type workbook. It really makes you think. I have enjoyed it.


I'm sure there has been more but right now I can't think of anything else. This week has been rather busy and stressful (working late, not feeling well, etc). Hoping for a longer list of "the good" for next week.

Things to work on for the coming week:

*BUDGETING!!! Not so much making or keeping a budget, but not eating out quite so much. And when I say not quite so much, I mean not 4-5 nights a week!! That is just ridiculous and unhealthy. This week, my goal is to not eat out or order in at all, other than Sat. evening, Scott and I are going out for Valentine's Day.

*Keeping my patience with the girls. Not getting irritated so easily. Listening to them more. Staying calm. Using positive words and encouragement instead of focusing on the negative. They deserve better...and better is what they'll get.

*Not letting the house become such a mess! The house will be cleaned tomorrow and maintained all week.

*Limiting computer usage time to when the girls are in bed.

*Preparing for the RobesonMommies Valentine's Party on Saturday.

*Attending church again tomorrow...we are really looking forward to this! :)

I think that's a great list to begin with. I hope everyone has an awesome, blessed week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment