Monday, February 1, 2010

Ice day...err playing Hookey

Schools here were delayed 2 hours because of the ice storm we got over the weekend. So, I decided to just let the girls play hookey rather than sending them to school for 4 hours. We've had an awesome day so far!! We slept in (YAY!) and we've stayed in our pajamas allllll day! It's been great. We need more days of doing nothing! :) We've cuddled, watched tv, read stories, had quiet time and now they are having a blast fixing "dinner" out of playdough. Nevaeh has been my little giggle box all day. She's been full of herself and just keeps giggling. It's the cutest thing. We've missed Scott though. That's the problem with working third shift, you miss all the fun during the day! Next time we'll plan a day of fun and relaxation on the weekend just for you my Scott :)

Sometimes we need a day where the housework can wait and the errands can be delayed to focus on what truly matters.....each other. I love those little girls with with every inch of my being. How lucky I am to be their mother.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe, thinly veiled by time but thick and opaque enough to prevent the view.

    ReplyDelete